Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend three (3) bundles for lengths 14” to 18”. For lengths 20″ or longer we recommend four (4) bundles.
Yes! Our hair is 100% virgin human hair that has not been processed in any way. However, once 100% Virgin Human Hair is treated in any way it is no longer virgin. Be sure to keep color treated hair conditioned and moisturized.
Recommend REVLON COLORSILK DYE and we strongly recommend deep condition the hair after dye which will protect the hair being dry, condition the hair well after dye which is very important!!! Lower quality dye products will damage the hair, we not able to responsible for customer improper process.
If you do not know how to color hair DO NOT experiment using your new VIRGIN hair, please consult with a hair stylist and allow them to color the hair.
Generally, our 100% Virgin Human Hair lasts 6 to 12 months. Our hair can last even longer with proper care. Please refer to your maintenance tips pamphlet included in packaging.
- Shampoo at least once a week.
- When you receive the hair, wash the hair with COLD water before your wear it.
- Let the condition sit on the hair 15~25 minutes it will allow the hair to absorb the moisture better.
- Comb through with a wide tooth comb, starting with the ends working your way up your scalp.
- Blot out excess water with towel and allow hair to dry naturally. Don’t expose to sun.
- Comb curly hair gently with your fingers from end to top. Do not brush.
- Blow dry not suggested, instead of bonnet dry, hood dry or air dry hair.
- Cut the weft to install, without proper process, it will lead to shedding.
- Avoid alcohol based products to avoid drying out your investment.
To wash and condition your hair:
Virtually any good moisturizing shampoo or conditioner will suffice when trying to moisturize your hair. There’s no need to use expensive or salon grade products on your hair once you’ve found a good quality drugstore brand that works for you and your hair extensions type or texture. As long as your hair gets continuous moisture, you choose the right styling products and you keep your hair clean, it will look and feel great!
- Design Essentials Moisturizing Shampoos and Conditioners
- Creme of Nature Sulfate Free Argan Oil Conditioner
- Organix moroccan argan oil line or argan oil & shea butter line shampoo and conditioner
- Macadamia Nature Brand Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
- Organic Root Stimulator Revitalizing Conditioner (for extra dry or damaged hair)
- Paul Mitchell The Detangler Conditioner (for extra dry or tangled hair)
- Suave Professionals Sleek Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner
- One N’ Only Restorative Mask (for extra dry hair)
Hair curling and ironing:
In addition to continuous moisture, a quality styling serum should be staple used to calm your hair, prevent frizz, seal in your hairs moisture, and add shine.
When applying heat to your hair, always use a quality heat protectant. As your own hair your extensions will become damaged by excessive heat. If your hair becomes heat damaged, it will lose its natural curl/wave pattern, and/or have many damaged dry or brittle ends. Heat damage cannot be reversed. Coarser textures are more prone to heat damage and dryness.
These products are known to have alcohol in them which can cause tangling, shedding or matting use them at your own risk:
- Tresemme Shampoo and Conditioner
- Dove Shampoo and Conditioner
- Garnier Fructis Shampoo and Conditioner
- White Rain Shampoo and Conditioner
- Aussie Shampoo and Conditioner
- VO5 Shampoo and Conditioner
- Panteen Pro-V Shampoo and Conditioner
- Head and Shoulders Shampoo and Conditioner
- Loreal Shampoo and Conditioner
- Mixed Chicks Shampoo and Conditioner
This product is known to cause severe dryness and tangle hair:
At Queen of Diamonds Hair, we are committed to providing you with the best experience possible. We will try to accommodate any reasonable request prior to the order shipping. Please send all requests through our contact form or give us a call at (337)794-7652.
To protect your investment, it is recommended that you seal your wefts. We strongly recommend sealing weft when hair is longer than 20″, the longer hair the harder to maintain.
Your scalp may get itchy at times while wearing hair extensions. If so, you can fill a spray bottle with Sea Breeze Astringent and spray directly on your scalp. Try to avoid spraying your hair since the smell is quite strong. This will stop itching on contact and it safe or your scalp. You can Co-wash your hair afterward or simply allow it to air dry.
Apple Cider Vinegar has been proven to balance your hairs pH and it’s also effectively relieves an itchy scalp. When washing your hair, you can apply apple cider vinegar on your hair before or during conditioning your hair. You can rinse it off with your conditioner. This works and its totally natural and healthy for your hair and scalp. You can also apply apple cider vinegar directly to your scalp in a spray bottle or squeeze bottle.